The South Skaha Housing Society (SSHS) is a non-profit community based organization that serves Okanagan Falls, Kaleden and our surrounding areas. The society is dedicated to the advancement of affordable and appropriate housing that will ensure that our residents can obtain necessary housing of a standard suitable to their needs.
- Provide quality, safe affordable housing for seniors in Okanagan Falls, Kaleden and our surrounding areas.
- Respond to the need for affordable housing for seniors by coordinating the acquisition of properties,funding of land, and building purchases.
- Ensure excellence and strength in our leadership. governance and management by recruiting a diverse board that has the knowledge and skills needed to fulfill our priorities.
- Develop partnerships to co-develop new projects for Seniors and other Adults in the area.
- Participate in government housing programs when available.
- Maintain our operations and practices to ensure that we are meeting our community needs.
- Oversee the management of housing created by the Society.
- Enhance and update our community profile to attract partners and funding for new development